Dates & Prices
|25 July 2019||28 July 2019||ZAR 5450||FULL|
End Date: 28 July 2019
All levels of photographers will benefit from this workshop.
The area lend itself to more photo opportunities than you will ever be able to cover in this three day period. From landscapes, lifestyle, portraiture to night photography. Ample photographic oppurtunities will be available to test your photographic skills to the limit.
I can't think of a better place in central South Africa to host a photographic workshop of this kind. Surely not to be missed.
Be sure that you will be my priority and I will make sure that you get the needed attention to lift your photography to the next level.
Price: As per person stated on each workshop. 15% added to prices if single supplement is needed.
Normal daily activity will be: (This will change on a daily basis to cover all the different opportunities for example the village tour and the drive/pony trek to the waterfall)
- 6:30 – Get up
- 6:45 – Leave Malealea lodge for the morning drive.
- 7:00 – 10:00 – Driving in the scenic areas of the Maluti mountains with ample opportunities for photos to be taken.
- 10:30- Return to Malealea lodge.
- 11:00 – Brunch.
- 12:00 – 14:00 – Tutorials (Gerhard will assist you with photographic tutorials as well as Post Processing techniques in Photoshop)
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Resting time.
- 15:00 – 18:00 – Afternoon drive in the Malealea area taking more photos.
- 18:30 – Return to Malealea Lodge.
- 19:00 – Supper.
- 20:00 – Relax and have a few cold ones at the bar. Chatting to the rest of the workshop members about the days activities.
Arrival and departing times:
- Arrival time on first day at 13:00 – 14:00. The first drive will start at 15:00.
- Departing time on the last day(after 3 nights) at 11:00 after the morning drive and brunch.
Depending on your level of experience Gerhard will assist you with:
- ISO, Aperture and Shutter combinations.
- Implementing colour, shapes, lines, patterns, texture and tone into your photos.
- Use the power points effectively.
- Composites(Taking more than one overlapping photos and merge them together).
- Panning (Deliberate Blur) What shutter speed to use to get the effect you want.
- Setup your camera to the optimum to get the best possible images from it.
- Star / night photography (If the weather allows it)
- Your personalized workflow in photoshop.
- How actions can speed up your workflow. (Learn how to write your own actions)
- The power of layer masks.
- Sharpening your images in a correct manner.
- How to resize, downsize and upsize your images effectively.
What to bring along:
- DSLR cameras (One or two bodies)
- Medium telephoto lens between 70-200 mm
- Wide angle lens(s) between 16 and 35 mm
- Tripod for star/night photography
- Cable release
- Bean bag
- Laptop with Photoshop installed. (Demo version also okay)
- Enough memory cards
- Hard drive with at least 100 gb free space available.
- Memory Card downloader.
- Sandals and walking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Short pants
- Long pants
- Money for drinks etc.
What is included in theWorkshop:
- 3 Night stay at the Malealea Lodge
- Services of Gerhard Steenkamp as your photographic guide.
- Photographic and Post Processing tutorials by Gerhard Steenkamp
What is not included in the Safari:
- Personal phone calls
- Purchases and expenditure of personal nature.
- Pony trek to the waterfall (One can walk or drive to the waterfall as well)
- Transport to and from Malealea Lodge.
- Transport during drives from and to the Lodge (Its all self drive)
What to expect:
A relaxed atmosphere where you will learn more about nature photography than you will ever expect. Come and join me and I will show you how to lift your nature photography to another level. I give you the the assurance that you will be my priority and will get the needed attention to lift your photography to another level.
Tell us about your experience: