Dates & Prices
|Start||End||Cost per p/s||Availability|
|30 September 2017||4 October 2017||ZAR 15500||full|
|4 October 2017||8 October 2017||ZAR 15500||full|
End Date: 8 October 2017
End Date: 8 October 2017
Since 2012 Gerhard has spend more time in the Nossob and Auob riverbeds than he can remember. During the past four years he come to know the animals, their behavior, learn to setup his camera and choose the best possible position to get the best images on the day.
Come join Gerhard on this 4 night, eight game drive photographic safari and experience the Kalahari on a totally different level.
Coffee and rusks.
Get on Safari Vehicle. (Open Safari vehicle supplied by Tashebube Lodge with qualified field guide as driver)
Leave Tashebube lodge for the morning drive.
Scanning the Nossob and Auob riverbed for animals to photograph while Gerhard will assist you with camera settings, techniques and angles to get the best possible images from the sightings available.
Return to Tashebube lodge.
Tutorials (Gerhard will assist you with photographic tutorials as well as Post Processing techniques in Photoshop)
Resting time in your luxurious room at Tashebube lodge.
Afternoon drive with stop in between at Melkvlei or Auchterlonie for drinks.
Return to Tashebube Lodge.
Relax and have a few cold ones at the bar. Chatting to the rest of the safari members about the days sightings and images taken.
Price: R15500 (Per person sharing) for SADC (South Africa) clients. USD: 1750 (Per person sharing) for International clients. 15% added to both prices if single supplement is needed.
Normal daily activity will be:
- 6:00 – Get up.
- 6:20 – Coffee and rusks.
- 6: 40 – Get on Safari Vehicle. (Open Safari vehicle supplied by Tashebube Lodge with qualified field guide as driver)
- 6:45 – Leave Tashebube lodge for the morning drive.
- 6:45 – 10:30 – Scanning the Nossob and Auob riverbed for animals to photograph while Gerhard will assist you with camera settings, techniques and angles to get the best possible images from the sightings available.
- 10:30- Return to Tashebube lodge.
- 11:00 – Brunch.
- 12:00 – 14:00 – Tutorials (Gerhard will assist you with photographic tutorials as well as Post Processing techniques in Photoshop)
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Resting time in your luxurious room at Tashebube lodge.
- 15:00 – 18:00 – Afternoon drive with stop in between at Melkvlei or Auchterlonie for drinks.
- 18:30 – Return to Tashebube Lodge.
- 19:00 – Supper.
- 20:00 – Relax and have a few cold ones at the bar. Chatting to the rest of the safari members about the days sightings and images taken.
Arrival and departing times:
- Arrival time on first day at 12:00 – 14:00. The first drive will start at 15:00.
- Departing time on the fifth day(after 4 nights) at 11:30 after the morning drive and brunch.
Depending on your level of experience Gerhard will assist you with:
- ISO, Aperture and Shutter combinations.
- Implementing colour, shapes, lines, patterns, texture and tone into your photos.
- Use the power points effectively.
- Composites(Taking more than one overlapping photos and merge them together).
- Panning (Deliberate Blur) What shutter speed to use to get the effect you want.
- Setup your camera to the optimum to get the best possible images from it.
- Your personalized workflow in photoshop.
- How actions can speed up your workflow. (Learn how to write your own actions)
- The power of layer masks.
- Luminosity masks (The best kept secret of photoshop).
- Creating edge and surface masks with luminosity masks and how to use them effectively.
- Sharpening your images in a correct manner.
- How to resize, downsize and upsize your images effectively.
What to bring along:
- DSLR cameras (One or two bodies)
- Telephoto lens between 300 and 600mm (Zoom also okay)
- Medium telephoto lens between 70-200 mm
- Wide angle lens(s) between 16 and 35 mm
- Tripod for star/night photography
- Cable release
- Bean bag
- Laptop with Photoshop installed. (Demo version also okay)
- Enough memory cards
- Hard drive with at least 100 gb free space available.
- Memory Card downloader.
- Sandals and walking shoes
- Swim suit
- Warm clothes
- Short pants
- Long pants
- Money for drinks etc.
What is included in the Safari:
- 4 Night stay at the Tashebube Lodge (Rooiputs)
- Morning coffee and rusks
- Safari vehicle exclusively used by the safari group.
- Qualified field guide and driver
- Services of Gerhard Steenkamp as your photographic guide.
- Photographic and Post Processing tutorials by Gerhard Steenkamp
What is not included in the Safari:
- Personal phone calls (No Cell/ Internet connection at Tashebube Lodge)
- Drinks during drives (can pre order at the bar before going out).
- Gratitude fee for the field guide/driver at the end of the trip.
- Purchases and expenditure of personal nature.
- Transport to and from Tashebube Lodge.(Transport from Twee Rivieren to Tashebube Lodge can be organized on the day of arrival and departure without any extra cost)
What to expect:
A relaxed atmosphere where you will learn more about wildlife photography than you will ever expect. Come and join me and I will show you how to lift your wildlife photography to another level.
Tell us about your experience: