Dates & Prices
|4 August 2017||6 August 2017||ZAR 2250||9||Book|
End Date: 6 August 2017
Come join Gerhard on this three day (two night) workshop in the Baviaanskloof and learn the fundamentals of photography and in particular nature photography. With more than thirty years of photographic experience you can be assured of a relaxed atmosphere where you will learn the basics/fundamentals to lift your photography to another level.
Although this workshop is aimed at the beginner, more advanced photographers are also welcome to attend the workshop and Gerhard will help and advice you according to your photographic skills and experience
The workshop will be hosted from Meyerkon/Baviaanskloof Guetshouse. Everyone attending must book his/her own accommodation at the guesthouse. Contact is: Jana Meyer – Email: janamey1994@or Cell: 079 894 8952
12:00 - 14:00 Booking in at Meyerkon/Baviaanskloof guesthouse 15:00: Everyone get together for a theoretical session consisting of the basic fundamentals of photography 16:00: Going out to a spot for some landscape/ pictorial photos. 19:00: Dinner 21:00: Star/ night photography
Itinerary in short will be:
- 12:00 – 14:00 Booking in at Meyerkon/Baviaanskloof guesthouse
- 15:00: Everyone get together for a theoretical session consisting of the basic fundamentals of photography
- 16:00: Going out to a spot for some landscape/ pictorial photos.
- 19:00: Dinner
- 21:00: Star/ night photography
- 7:00 – Get up and enjoy coffee and rusks before going out for the morning photo session.
- 10:00 – Breakfast
- 10:30 – Post Processing tutorial
- 13:00 – 15:00 – Spend some time on your own and with friends.
- 15:30 – Going out for the afternoon session.
- 19:00 – Dinner
- 21:00: Star / Night photography
- 7:00 – Get up and enjoy coffee and rusks before going out for the morning session
- 10:00 – Breakfast
- 10:30 – Recap and question time.
- 11:00 – Departing
Depending on your level of experience Gerhard will assist you with:
- ISO, Aperture and Shutter combinations.
- Implementing colour, shapes, lines, patterns, texture and tone into your photos.
- Use the power points effectively.
- Composites(Taking more than one overlapping photos and merge them together).
- Panning (Deliberate Blur) What shutter speed to use to get the effect you want.
- Setup your camera to the optimum to get the best possible images from it.
- Your personalised workflow in photoshop.
- How actions can speed up your workflow. (Learn how to write your own actions)
- The power of layer masks.
- Luminosity masks (The best kept secret of photoshop).
- Creating edge and surface masks with luminosity masks and how to use them effectively.
- Sharpening your images in a correct manner.
- How to resize, downsize and upsize your images effectively.
What to bring along:
- DSLR cameras (One or two bodies)
- Medium telephoto lens between 70-200 mm
- Wide angle lens(s) between 16 and 35 mm
- Tripod for star/night photography
- Cable release
- Bean bag
- Laptop with Photoshop installed. (Demo version also okay)
- Enough memory cards
- Hard drive with at least 100 gb free space available.
- Memory Card downloader.
- Sandals and walking shoes
- Warm clothes (during August the nights might be cold)
- Short pants
- Long pants
- Money for drinks etc.
What is included in the Workshop:
- Services of Gerhard Steenkamp as your photographic guide / tutor.
- Photographic and Post Processing tutorials by Gerhard Steenkamp
What is not included in the Workshop:
- Personal phone calls
- Accommodation (Book at Jana Meyer: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Cell:079 894 8952)
- Purchases and expenditure of personal nature.
- Transport to and from Meyerkon/Baviaanskloof Guetshouse.
- Transport to and from the locations where the photo sessions will be during the afternoon and mornings.
What to expect:
A relaxed atmosphere where you will learn more about nature photography than you will ever expect. Come and join me and I will show you how to lift your nature photography to another level.
Tell us about your experience: